WESTERN CATSKILLS COMMUNITY REVITILIZATION COUNCIL, INC.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of WCCRC. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization.
1) Board Governance: Works with Board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
a. Responsible for leading WCCRC in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board.
b. Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
a. Responsible for grant preparation and other revenues necessary to support WCCRC’s mission.
b. Responsible for the fiscal integrity of WCCRC, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
c. Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
a. Responsible for implementing WCCRC’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
b. Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that WCCRC can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
c. Responsible for the enhancement of WCCRC’s image by being active and viable in the community and by working closely with other professional, governmental and private organizations.
4) Organizational Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
a. Responsible for hiring and retention of qualified staff.
b. Responsible for maintaining up to date position descriptions, conducting annual employee evaluations and ensuring sound human resource practices are in place.
c. Responsible for effective administration of WCCRC’s operations.
d. Responsible for maintaining a work environment which attracts, retains and motivates a diverse staff of quality people.
e. Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Specific Job Responsibilities
1. Report to and work closely with the Board to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
2. Supervise and collaborate with organization staff.
3. Strategic planning and implementation.
4. Planning and operation of annual budget.
5. Serve as WCCRC’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
6. Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance WCCRC’s mission.
7. Engage in fund raising and developing other revenue.
8. Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
9. Oversee organization of Board and committee meetings.
10. Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all the functions and for the day to day operations of the organization.
11. Review and approve contracts for services.
12. Other duties as assigned by the Board.